Website & Logo Design
- 0 to 255 – Find variations of any color.
- Canva – Amazingly simple graphic design software that helps even non-designers create stunning layouts and graphics.
- Craft – A free UI design plugin designed to speed up your workflow with Sketch and Photoshop.
- Designinspiration – Pinterest made exclusively for designers—a resource to help you discover, share and save your favorite designs from around the web.
- GIPHY – Find, share or create your own gifs.
- InVision – Web and mobile prototyping tool and UI mockup tool. Perfect for collaborating on web designs and working through feedback.
- Khroma – Discover, search, and save color combinations you’ll love.
- Logaster – Online logo maker and generator.
- Marvel – Mobile and web prototyping for designers.
- MockFlow – Online wireframe tool and design cloud for software and websites.
- Mockup.io – Visualize and collaborate on mobile app design.
- MoodBoard – Build beautiful moodboards for sharing designs, inspiration and ideas.
- Niice – Private moodboards where you can gather, share and discuss ideas with your team.
- Optimal Workshop – Improve your user-experience and get quick feedback on designs with this free usability testing software.
- Placeit – Place your app or website directly into one of these free iPhone, iPad, iMac and Macbook mockups (no Photoshop required!). They offer thousands of photo and video templates.
- Remove.bg – This free web-based tool allows you to remove image backgrounds.
- Signature Maker – Create a handwritten digital signature. Great for signing documents, contracts, emails and blog posts.
- Squarespace Logo – Free logo building tool for Squarespace users.
- 1001 Free Fonts – Massive database of free fonts, sortable by style, popularity and featured fonts.
- Adobe Edge Fonts – Library of 500+ web fonts made possible by contributions from Adobe, Google, and designers around the world.
- Canva Font Combinations – Find the perfect font combination for your design.
- DaFont – Great archive of downloadable fonts in every style.
- Font Flame – Like Tinder for font pairing.
- FontFace Ninja – Browser extension to help you discover what fonts were used on a website.
- Font Squirrel – Collection of hand-selected fonts already licensed for commercial use.
- Google Fonts – Directory of open source designer web fonts.
- Modular Scale – Generates a classical type hierarchy from a body text/base font with ability to scale up and down.
- Typecast – Browser-based design tool that gives you access to over 1000 web fonts, letting you design with a “type-first” mentality.
- Type Scale – Inspired by Modular Scale, but with the ability to choose the proper scale without a visual reference.
- WhatTheFont – Seen a font on someone else’s website and want to know what it is? Submit an image to WhatTheFont to find the closest matches in their database.
- Wordmark.it – Helps you choose the right font by previewing a word of your choice with fonts already installed on your computer.
- Unsplash – 10 new free photos added every 10 days, available online or via email subscription.
- Pixabay – Over 1.4 million royalty free stock photos and videos shared by our generous community.
- GIMP – The internet’s favorite open source, cross-platform image editor.
- Paint.NET – Free image and photo editing software for PCs.
- Pixlr – Free Photoshop-esque photo editor.
Provide awesome, personal support with simple help desk software and streamlined ticketing systems.
- Spiceworks – A community of IT pros, plus an app with network monitoring, help desk, active directory, and more.
- Tawk.to – Free messaging app that lets you monitor and chat with visitors on your website.
- FreshDesk – Intuitive, feature-rich, affordable customer support software.
- Cyfe – All-in-one business dashboard that lets you monitor all your business data from one place.
- TalkWalker – Free alerting service that sends email updates on any topic you request: your name, brand, competitors, events or even your favorite TV show (#GoT).
Email Marketing Platforms
Get more subscribers, send better emails, and track your results. Most good email marketing solutions will integrate with other programs, letting you unify all the moving pieces of your marketing strategy.
- Benchmark – Powerful and simple web-based email marketing tools to send, track and manage newsletters, surveys and online polls.
- MailChimp – Free for up to 2,000 subscribers. Send emails, and track results. Offers the most integrations with other programs.
- Prefinery – Create a virtual email waiting list by collecting beta sign ups and encouraging referrals.
Landing Pages and Lead Capture Pages
A single landing page or lead capture page is a simple way to build a beautiful sales page, launch countdown or opt-in offer. The following free landing page creators are designed to highlight your best offers and generate more leads.
- About.me – A one-page personal website you can set up in just minutes.
- Digy – A single responsive HTML5, CSS3 landing page template.
- LeadPages Free Templates Resource – The ultimate list of free landing page templates from LeadPages (one of the most popular paid landing page platforms out there). You’ll need to code them yourself or hire a developer, otherwise you can sign up for LeadPages and not touch a line of code
- Landing Page Analyzer – How effective is your landing page? This free tool will tell you where and how to improve so it performs better.
Schedule, manage, post and plan all from one platform.
- Buffer – Share what you’re reading and schedule social media posts.
- EveryPost – All-in-one publishing tool that makes it easy to share multimedia content across multiple social platforms at once.
- Hootsuite – Manage up to three social media profiles and get basic analytics, content scheduling, lead capture campaigns, RSS feed integrations and free social media courses.
- Later – Schedule and manage your Instagram posts.
- MavSocial – Organize all your visual content seamlessly publish it to major social media networks.
Content Marketing Resources
Sure, content may be king but only truly great content leads to long-term business growth. These free apps, tools, resources and programs will help you create the best content for your business.
- Copyscape – Plagiarism checker that searches for duplicates of your content.
- CoSchedule Headline Analyzer – This free blog post headline analyzer will score your overall headline quality and rate its ability to result in social shares, increased traffic, and SEO value.
- Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer – Free tool will analyze your headline to determine the Emotional Marketing Value (EMV) score.
- Free PDF Creator – Create PDF documents from any Windows program including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Free Summarizer – Summarizes any text in just a few seconds, then sends you the summary via email.
- iBooks Author – Create and publish books for iPad and Mac. Features drag-and-drop templates and support for movies, audio and widgets, making it a great option for a multi-sensory and interactive experience.
- The Most Dangerous Writing App – The perfect cure for writer’s block—this web-based tool will delete your progress if you stop typing for more than five seconds.
Audio and Video Creation
Audio and video content is a the perfect way to provide value while showcasing your personality and expertise.
- Adobe Spark – Professional looking graphics, web pages, and videos in minutes.
- Audacity – Multitrack audio recorder and editor.
- GarageBand – Music creation studio available for Mac and iOS.
- iMovie – Free video editing software that comes with Mac computers.
- Mazwai – Free high-quality video clips and footage.
- SoundCloud – Upload audio content for direct streaming or embed it on your website.
- Windows Movie Maker – Free video editing software for PC.
- YouTube Directr – Create polished video ads right from your phone.
Bookkeeping and Accounting Software
Managing your business’s finances doesn’t have to feel horrible. These free bookkeeping and accounting tools help you manage invoices, scan receipts and track your income goals over time.
- Expensify – One-click expense reports in real time.
- Harvest – Time tracking and invoicing.
- Wave – Send invoices and manage your accounting and bookkeeping.
- Catch – Benefits finder for freelancers, contractors and small business owners.
Save the paper, but keep your business safe with these legally-binding online contracts and signature tools.
- DocuSign – Send, sign and approve documents from anywhere.
- HelloSign – Legally-binding electronic signatures.
Free Business Plans
With hundreds of free business plans and sample business plans available online, you can have your own plan up and drafted in a single afternoon.
- Bplans – The largest online collection of free sample business plans. Also provides helpful tools and guides to help you better manage your business.
- Bplans’s Gallery of Samples – Over 500 examples of business plans.
- Oprah.com’s One Page Template – Get one-page business plans for a small consulting business, a boutique clothing company and a nonprofit organization.
- Score’s General Model Startup Template – Business plan template for a startup business, with instructions for each section and fillable worksheet.